Frank W. Pulaski III
Director, Cinematographer, Video Editor
Seeking freelance or permanent work in video production.
- Seasoned Videographer with 16 years of video production experience: Cinematography, Video Editing, Video Audio, Video Lighting and Directing.
- Extensive experience in filming and editing of performances, interviews, sports, news, live music, weddings, events and internet commercials.
- Highly accomplished and fast video editor, able to edit multi-camera productions and complete projects with a quick turn around while paying attention to detail.
- Wide knowledge of Canon and Sony HDV Camcorders, Final Cut Pro, and the Mac operating system.
- Produced over 2,000 high quality videos for the internet since 2005.
- Skilled in DVD Authoring using DVD Studio Pro.
- Experienced in encoding video into multimedia formats for the Web.
- A dynamic team player with the ability to work independently, self-motivated, multi-tasks, excellent time management skills, responsible, reliable, friendly and adapts quickly.
- 1 Canon XH-A1 HDV
- 1 Sony PD-170 DVCAM
- 2 Tripods - 1 Monopod
- 3 AZDEN Wireless Lav Mics - 1 Wired Hand-held Mic
- 1 Opteka 126 LED Camcorder Video Light
- 1 40 inch 5-in-1 light reflector
- 1 Britek Light Kit (3 lights, indoor use)
- 1 Mac Pro with Final Cut Studio Pro 5 and 5 external hard drives
- Various cables, adaptors, ect.
Na Koa Ikaika Maui Baseball, Kahului, Hawaii (Jul - Sep 2010, 2012)
- Official video production for Na Koa Ikaika Maui, independent Baseball.
- Filmed and edited game highlights and interviews for every home game.
- Interviews hosted by Branscombe Richmond, star of the TV show, “Renegade”.
- Filmed and edited 252 videos in 3 months with a 3 to 24 hour turn around.
- Upload videos and maintained the Na Koa Ikaika Youtube page.
- Filmed and edited game highlights and interviews for the last half of the 2012 season.
- Documented Na Koa’s 2012 Trip to Kanazawa, Japan for 2 exhibition games.
Thunder Valley Casino Resort, Lincoln, California (Oct. 2010 - May. 2011)
- Freelance internet video production for Thunder Valley Casino Resort’s Youtube page.
- Film and edit interviews, performances and autograph signings with bands and celebrities including Eddie Money, Bo Bice, Ted Lange, Tony Dow, Martin Klebba, Sinbad, Edgar Winter, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Bernie Koppell, Charlene Tilton, Lorenzo Lamas, Kathleen Kinmont, Erin Moran, Eddie Mekka, Lee Arenburg, Vernon Wells, Larry Manetti, Roger E. Mosely and Julia Nixion.
- Produced segments on the Casino’s spa, restaurants, bars, services, reward program and special events.
- Filmed and Edited 80 videos with a 24 hour turn around. Also researched and developed questions about the interviewees, for the host, Branscombe Richmond, star of the TV show, “Renegade”.
VOOK (Nov. 2010 – Present)
- Produce, film and edit an 8 chapter Video Book, sold in iTunes as an app.
- Vooks include:
- Water Coloring Basics with Stephanie Sacks
- Oil Painting Basics with Stephanie Sacks
TurnHere.com/Yellowpages.com/YELP and Hawaii TV Network (Dec 2008 – Present)
- Film and edit 90 sec internet video profiles for Maui businesses.
- 1 hour of filming and a 48 hour turn around.
- 40 videos produced with a variety of business including, professional, retail, and commercial businesses.
MauiToday.tv - Pacific Radio Group (Jul 2007 – Dec 2008)
Senior Editor / Chief Cinematographer / Content Manager / Producer
- Responsible for producing, conducting interviews, filming, editing and the operation of www.mauitoday.tv on a daily basis.
- Edited 80 – 120 segments a month for the first 10 months, editing segments from other Cinematographers as well as my own.
- Sole Video Crew (operating 2 cameras, at times) for the last 8 months of www.mauitoday.tv. Produced 30-40 segments a month.
- Functioned in a fast paced, time sensitive work environment with a 1 to 24 hour turn around time.
- Produced over 1,500 Video segments from 2 min to 10 min in length, ranging from news stories, performances, interviews, events, and sports coverage.
- Co-produced, filmed and edited daily News segments with Wendy Osher, News director for the Pacific Radio Group. Conducted interviews with County, State and National Lawmakers, Non-profit organizations, Celebrities, notable local personalities and Cultural Issues.
- Filmed and Edited daily Sports segments with Fred Guzman of the Pacific Radio Group and special sport event coverage such as the 2007 Maui Invitational Basketball Tournament and XTERRA – Maui 2007 and 2008.
- Filmed and Edited video segments with Branscombe Richmond, for Mauitoday.tv and for his National TV show, “Good Morning Hawaii”.
- Filmed and Edited video segments with other Pacific Radio Group personalities such as; Alakai Paleka, Unkle Poki, and Uncle Boy Kanae from KPOA 93.5 FM, also, Jo Jo from X92.5 FM.
- Responsible for Content Management of the site:
- Encode, Upload and Publish Videos, Organizing order of videos and navigate around “Back” end of site.
- Creating a Daily Schedule, deciding publishing order and date for segments.
- Looking for content ideas and events to Cover.
- Contacting event coordinators, facilities and individual talent for segments.
- Uploading Videos to YouTube, Myspace and FaceBook and maintaining an online community. Helped in the development of the next version of www.mauitoday.tv. (Now called www.mauinow.com)
- Oahu TV News stations have used my footage in the past.
- Operated Studio Camera for Pacific Radio Group/Maui Community College’s Live Primary and General Election Coverage. Produced the vignettes used through out the Night.
- Was laid off due to economic turmoil.
Dreamtyme Weddings (2006 – Present)
- Film and edit wedding ceremonies ranging from small beach weddings to larger traditional weddings
Dreamtyme Films (1999 – Present)
Owner/operator Freelance Videography
- Produced, filmed and edited various video productions including: performances, live music, events, weddings, short films other various freelance video work.
- Filmed and Edited Lahainaluna High School’s Project Grad since 2010, providing each student with an Edited DVD of the night’s highlights and performances.
- My short film, “A Meaningful Life” was nominated and screened at the 2006 Swansea Bay Film Festival in Swansea, Wales.
AKAKU Community Television (1998 – Present)
Producer, Freelance Videography
- Produced my own productions, which included; Event Coverage, Performance (Dance, Music, Theatre) Filming, Short Films and Interviews.
- Also worked with other Community Access producers filming and editing.
U.R.I Television - The University of Rhode Island (1995 – 1996)
Camera Operator, Editor, Production Assistant
- Operated camera for live studio talk show, filmed U.R.I Basketball, music and campus events. Edited student projects and shows using Analog Video Equipment.
United States Air Force (1991-1994)
Computer communications Control systems Specialist (Tech Control)
- Maintained, operated and Troubleshooted Top Secret/SBI Communications lines all over the world, post 1991 Gulf War.
- Learned time management, attention to detail, responsibility and analytical thinking.
- Responsible for 100 personnel as Rope/Bay leader. Marched over 250 personnel 2 miles every day for 3 months.
- 2009 Daisy of Love (VH1)
- 2009 Kashi commercial
- 2010 SBS Championship Golf tournament (Utility & RF Pointer)
- 2012 Tone it Up (Bravo)
Hawaii Filmmakers Initiative Summer Digital Film making Program (2003)
- Film making Basics, intro to Final Cut Pro, 5 projects to complete in 6 weeks.
Maui Community College: VITECH (2002 – 2006)
- Various digital film making and basic HTML classes.
Portland Community Television (1998)
- Production classes; field, studio, edit, using analog Video Equipment.
University of Rhode Island - U.R.I Television (1995-1996)
- Learned basic analog video production: field/studio camera operation, analog video editing with titles. Elected Vice President after one semester.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geidlg6TBbs (Short Demo Reel)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVOzNEV8gqs (Long Demo Reel)
http://www.youtube.com/thundervalleyresort (Thunder Valley Casino Resort)
http://www.youtube.com/nakoaikaikamaui (Na Koa Ikaika Maui Baseball)